Thursday, March 29, 2007

Chasm

As many of you know, I have never had the reputation of being a morning person or a multitasker. I'm sure that very few of you have witnessed me string together a series of coherent phrases before 11AM. This problem only gets worse on Saturday mornings. Lately, my Saturday morning responsibilities have been expanded, and the caveman in me has been forced to adapt accordingly. The following pictures show off some of the new skills I have picked up as a dad.


The unforeseen side-effect of this morning multi-taskedness is that I have started to grow long spaghetti-like tentacles out of my face. (It's actually Benjamin's suction machine tubing hanging perfectly in the background).

Speaking of tentacles, the reign of terror in our household is coming to an end. The sun is quickly setting on the Claw's dominion as the Chasm's time has come. This past week Ben discovered how to fit the entire Claw inside his mouth, reducing the Claw to a slobbery shell of its former self. I have documented this changing-of-the-guard with before, during, and after photo evidence.


Just one more proof that good always triumphs over evil in the end,
Whit, Adrienne, and the Chasm

5 comments:

Mark and Kelly said...

I LOVE seeing pictures of Ben. I hope we'll get to see him (and you two too) soon!

Mushryl said...

hilarious.

Cris said...

Hey Whit, Adrienne, and Ben! Just wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed keeping up with you guys through your blog! I echo my sister's sentiment: I also LOVE the pictures of Ben!

vickiecorum said...

Ahhhh, the days of the chasm. Ben has reached it at an early age.... You do realize that for many years to come everything will go into the chasm. I predict that your young man is going to keep you on your toes. I do admire your ability to multitask. Are you getting more than three hours of sleep at a time yet. Hope you are doing well and are able to enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Ava is blooming everwhere. I hope everyone is adjusting to daylights savings time. The pictures are awesome! God bless you Adrienne, Whit, and Ben.:) :) Happy Easter! love ya, Joe, Vickie, and Aaron

rici said...

Who takes all of those great pictures? What about the mama? Does she ever get to say something? Sooo glad that things are going well for the fam. What were you studying for?