Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Join the Club

My in-laws are no longer certified Maine-iacs. This past Thursday Noel and Kay closed on a home a mere mile and a half down the road from us. Who would have guessed that Ben's oupa (pronounced o pa) would end up being an Okie living in Bixby? My dad, not wanting to be left out of the exotic foreign nickname club, has recently styled himself as faux pas. If you see him around, you can make his day by calling him this, but don't be surprised if my mom just shakes her head when she hears the beautiful "language of love" butchered once again for comedic purposes.


4 comments:

vickiecorum said...

I am glad that the grandparents are going to be close. I will warn you though that Ben is going to suffer. too many hugs, too much fun, 4 people totally wrapped around his little finger and if he smiles and roll his eyes watch out. There is no telling the power of a little one, I know that because of his parents he will be a truly awesome kid and you will guide him in the way of the Lord. Acutally, I am happy for them. Happy MOther's DAy Adrienne. God bless, Joe, Vickie, Aaron

Anonymous said...

They say 'Leave people better of than when you found them.' Apparently Noel and Kay succeeded in doing that in Maine, particularly with the family in the Penobscot Valley Church of Christ. Thank God, indeed, for Noel and Kay's ministry there and for their new calling in Oklahoma. They shall be missed in Maine.

M. K. Gatewood said...

Noel and Kay do have a great ministry here as Kay helps Adrienne care for Ben's special needs. And now they offer hospitality to family and friends. It's a great blessing that "Ouma" and "Oupa" were willing and able to move to Bixby. Especially since we're 100 miles away with our family responsibilities. It's easy to see Ben knows he's loved by all, including "Faux Pas" and Grandma

Anonymous said...

I love fun names to call grandparents! My sisters and I discussed it long ago that we would have our children call our parents Mater and Tater! For a long time my mom swore we would NOT call her Mater but low and behold as soon as Olivia was on the way and I called her Mater she thought it was sweet and unique so she loves it! My dad said his grandkids would all be called Tater tots!! LOL! I love my weird family!hehehe! Looking forward to seeing you guys Tuesday! Lots of love Melissa Smith.