Saturday, November 17, 2007

Woodchuck Gallery

No wood surface is safe in the Gatewood house these days.




That last photo was taken by Ben's uncle Hal while he and Emilie were visiting from Montreal last week. For more photos of Ben and family, you can check out Hal's Flickr page.

A few weeks ago we took Ben down to OKC for a second opinion by Dr. Digoy, and things are now moving forward quickly. Dr. Digoy said that the cyst that was blocking Ben's airway appears to have grown back. We're going in for an MRI and overnight observation on November 30th, and then Ben will have another laser surgery to take another shot at removing the cyst. The good news from all this is that if the procedure goes well and Ben heals properly, he could have the trach out in a few months instead of years like Ben's other doctor was talking about. We are pumped about that and would love your prayers over the next few weeks.


5 comments:

Tanya Blair said...

Love the pics!! I'm sooo excited to hear the news from the doctor!! We will definitely keep praying for you guys!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!
chris, tanya, kayla, tyler

Unknown said...

Is is just me or is Ben looking more and more like his Mama? Maybe it's the hair... I can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! I hope everything goes in the positive way!!

Susan K D said...

Dear Whit and Adrienne,
I have been keeping up with the progress of your little boy, Ben, and am so happy to hear this latest news. I hope everything went well with the laser surgery. I pray for you often and know that God is answering all the prayers going up to Him. Ben is just precious and I know he brings you much joy.
I met Adrienne's parents in Maine at the Penobscot Valley Church. I enjoyed them so much and learned many things from Noel and Kay while with them. They are an inspiring couple. Please tell them that Ray and Susan in CT ask for them. I hope everything is going well with them.
May our Lord shower many blessings on your family. I look forward to reading good news in your next blog .

Jason said...

Love that last picture. Teething rings etc must be over-rated. :) We will pray about these upcoming months/surgery. -- Nicole Whaley