Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Race

Thanks to many of you for the birthday well-wishes this past week. I received a special birthday present on the 3rd when Mike Huckabee was propelled to victory in Iowa due to an endorsement by Chuck Norris and the Huckabee bumper sticker on my car. I'm willing to split the credit 50/50 with Chuck.

After his poor showing in Iowa this past week, Ben has decided to drop out of the race in order to give his full attention to learning how to walk. It's unfortunate because we really wanted to unveil his presidential portrait to the world, but I'll go ahead and let you have a look.


Benjamin had his birthday party on Saturday so I'll leave you with some photos of the highlights.





5 comments:

NandL said...

WOW! Ben is one! It's so hard to believe that was all a whole year ago... I'm so very glad that God worked things out for you guys so well!!! Praise to Him!
Laura...

vickiecorum said...

Good choice for the first birthday cake, blue, the icing last forever. It looks like it was a great party. We are so proud of all of you. Too bad about the presidential election though, I was looking forward to voting for him, oh well another time. I am glad that he had a good birthday week. Take care and God bless, Vickie and Joe

diana said...

Sorry about Ben's loss here in Iowa, but there's always next time. I'm so glad that things are going well. God is good.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to tell you that I go to church with Merle. We have a daughter that had a stroke before she was born and has mild CP. It is truly AMAZING how different she is from what *they* predicted after seeing her MRI. At age 2 they said she may not ever talk or eat. She is currently in 2nd grade, goes to school, is a smart little girl!, talks, eats, and you wouldn't know she had a stroke except for the braces she wears in her shoes! These babies are precious in His sight, and He has performed many miracles in our daughter's 8 years. From birth the docs at Dean A McGee told us she was permanently blind in certain areas of her vision. I said I was praying against that, and when she was five they told us she had "perfectly normal vision"! (Psalms 105:5) I have followed Ben's story from the beginning, and am celebrating the miracles in Ben's first year and look forward to see what God has in store for him! Sometimes it was very discouraging in those first years, but always look to Him and cling to each other!

Sandy

Patricia said...

Whit,

I love seeing all these pictures, but I'd love it more if I could see you all in person! I'll be in OKC this weekend and will probably go to Britton Rd. in the morning and Memorial in the evening. Will you be there? Email me--patriciamiddleton@email.com!