Thursday, April 16, 2009

Soaking

We've reached that stage where Benjamin learns something new every day, and we get to laugh and soak it up.  If I had to choose what career field Ben will enter based on his current skill set, I would have to say he should be a conquistador. His talent for claiming things that don't belong to him is unparalleled.  A few weeks ago, he claimed an entire park near our house in his own name and began instructing other children to get off of his swings and slides immediately.  This behavior led to an early ejection from the property, and on the way home Adrienne and Ben discussed his disputed territorial claims. By the end of the conversation, he capitulated with sobbing and tears running down his face, "It's everybody's park."  I don't think we've seen the last of our little "Coronado".  

Our commercial for St. John Hospital has finally hit the airwaves in Tulsa, and everyone else can check it out at http://www.sjmc.org/. It's on the home page in the bottom right hand corner where it says, "Ben's Story: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit". 

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go to China for a week. It was a fantastic experience, and if you want to know more, you can hit me up on Facebook or shoot me an email. I've included my mug shot in Shanghai just so mom and dad will believe I went on the trip.

2 comments:

Trish Jones said...

I remember standing in almost that very spot, almost 4 years ago! Shanghai is so very different from Tulsa!! So many who are searching for something, but not knowing what. I pray that Jesus will find a way to capture the entire city one day.

Shane Coffman said...

Cool commercial! Now I can say I know somebody famous!