Saturday, February 24, 2007

Outlaws

Hide the women, children, small furry animals, and household electronics. The outlaws are coming. They'll be sweeping down from the frozen tundra of the North and descending upon Tulsa in two weeks. But this time around they'll be staying for good. Benjamin is going to be living the good life with his ouma and oupa living in the same town. What will happen to the rest of us? I have no idea.

Some of you might have noticed that you can now leave comments on the site without registering. When I first made this blog, I didn't require registration, and within 3 minutes of posting my first entry I already had someone leave an advertisement in the comments. Well, I'm going to give it one more shot so comment all you want, but if I catch you posting ads telling me how much money I can save by refinancing my mortgage, I will be forced to turn you over to the outlaws, and I know you don't want that.

I had the pleasure of eating lunch on Thursday with some of my former coworkers from ChoicePay. When I showed up at the restaurant, they surprised me with a cake made entirely out of diapers. I've always preferred the kind with white cake and chocolate icing, but I have to say that this one was pretty impressive if a little less tasty. Big thanks to Sandee and Elspeth for their incredible cake-making talents and thanks to all my friends at ChoicePay for thinking of us.


You'll be happy to know that I'm over the shingles for the most part, which means I can hold Benjamin without wearing gloves and three layers of clothes. It also means I get to see many of you at Memorial Drive in the morning. Hopefully, if Ben keeps doing well, we can bring him with us next weekend. I know Ben wants to meet some of the people that have praying for him over the last two months.

See you soon,
Whit, Adrienne, and Benjamin

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It is very good to hear that you are doing better now Whit! I hope you enjoy the diaper cake and also enjoy having the "outlaws" close by!!!

I look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Unknown said...

Noel and Kay are moving to Oklahoma? When did this happen... der im so out of the loop but thats AWESOME!

Hal Gatewood said...

Would you like to save money by switching to Geico?

Glad you are getting better. Sorry I missed your call. Will call soon. Have a great day!

vickiecorum said...

love the cake. God bless. vickie, joe, aaron