Thursday, February 08, 2007

Who Nose

You know your life is never going to be the same when the hospital sends you home with a bag full of noses - not just one or two noses but hundreds and hundreds of them. Benjamin's nose for the next six months is a little plastic cap with a moist sponge inside that goes on the end of his trach tube. Let's just say I can play a most excellent version of the "Got Your Nose" game.

Some of you know that we have two children in the house. Our oldest is still figuring out how to deal with all of the changes that have taken place over the last week. The following picture pretty much sums up the current situation. Maybe I can get this photo on the cat scripture website that Shane Coffman has mentioned in his blog. I think the verse to go with it would be John 3:30, "He must become greater; I must become less."


I'd like to take a minute to thank some special kids who have been praying for Benjamin during the past month. The kids at Memorial Drive have done some great drawings for us. You parents out there should be proud that your child has already exceeded the drawing abilities of Ben's surgeon and myself. We also received tons of creative cards from students at Wichita Christian School in Wichita Falls, Texas. I have never met any of them, but they now have a special place in our hearts. I wish I could post all of the cards and drawings, but here are a few samples of what we have received.


We are so impressed with how many people have told us their children are praying for Benjamin. There's nothing more important than teaching your kids how to have a deep and true relationship with God.

Keep it up,
Whit, Adrienne, and Benjamin

5 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Ha - great picture and great idea. I'll send it in for you and see if he'll post it. That's the perfect caption, too.

Those noses don't come with black glasses and moustaches, do they? Perhaps Ben's ready to start playing hide and seek...

Hal Gatewood said...

Yip it's official that kid looks just like you!

M. K. Gatewood said...

Surely Hal is referring to the FIRST child. Ben looks like Ben.

rici said...

HEY!!! That looks justy like my cat, Indiana..gotta love those tabby cats. That kid had one of the sweetest faces I've seen...looks pretty cozy too! :0)

Mushryl said...

I can't say that I feel too sorry for the cat ;) Ben looks like a keeper to me!