Thursday, January 25, 2007

Now Hiring

Ask not for whom the stomach growls; it growls for me.

Due to some recent statements made on this blog about a certain multi-talented family member, I have found it necessary to bring on some additional help to keep things going smoothly around the house. A position is now available for someone who would like to be a taste tester for all of my meals. If you enjoy trying foods from from all over the world while searching for pieces of broken glass or traces of hazardous substances, please submit your resume to me as soon as possible. Previous experience is preferred but not required.

One other position has also opened up. My ghostwriter is tired of working for peanuts and has accepted another job writing scripts for daytime cable infomercials. Until this position can be filled, I will be forced to post essays from my 11th grade American History class to fill the space. So unless you want to start reading posts about fascinating topics like "Monetary Policies of the 1930s", please submit your resumes at once.

Now that we've got that bit of housekeeping out of the way, I've got more excellent news about Benjamin. Yesterday afternoon Ben had his MRI, and we got the results back today. The actual word used to describe the results of the test was "unremarkable". Typically if someone says this about your child's brain, it is grounds for punching them in the stomach and throwing them out the window, but in this case, it is totally awesome! They did not find anything that they would consider an abnormality. I can not tell you how much of a relief it is to hear this news.

A few weeks ago, the doctor who performed Ben's tracheostomy told me that, due to the severe oxygen deprivation that Ben experienced at birth, I shouldn't expect that Ben would be going to Harvard or even that he would be able to go to school at all. I just smiled and nodded at the time, but it felt like she had just ripped my heart out through my chest. Mercifully, the next thought that popped into my head was that I pictured Ben as more of a 'Yale' guy than a 'Harvard' guy anyway. I'm not mad at her, though, because God used her talents as a surgeon to help save my child's life. It just makes everything that God will do through Ben in the future that much more amazing.

I know that so many of you having been praying constantly that this test would come out okay, and I wish I could do more than just saying "thank you" for your faithfulness in prayer. I wake up each day, energized by the thought of getting to share stories of God's tangible steadfast love with people all over the world. All I can hope for is that through his Spirit, you can feel that same steady hand in your own life too.

To God be the glory forever,
Whit, Adrienne, and the "unremarkable" Benjamin

18 comments:

vickiecorum said...

"Glory to God in the highest" how wonderful that Ben has an unremarkable brain. that is such good news. I am soooo glad for all of you. As for your food taster Whit, you are on your on, sorry. I honestly think that it will not be an immediate retaliation, some day she will very sweetly have payback. Adrienne, I know that you are so relieved and I thank God for that. I can't wait to share the good news with Joe and Aaron, and everyone else here in Ava who is praying. Way to go Ben, it was that super fat diet, But then Whit, Adrienne, we knew he was ok, just think of the mohawk rebellion and the Nicu conspiracies that have transpired since he arrived. What wondrous joy, will be received because of Ben. God bless you all and remember that we love you all. Joe, Vickie and Aaron

Noel Malan said...

Unremarkable - I resemble that statement! It is therefore obvious from whom Ben got that gene.

Oupa
Brewer, Maine

Joy and Rob said...

Great news, but not a suprise, thank you Lord so very much! We are so pleased for you all. Great things are ahead for your Benjamin we are sure.

Our love to you all

Joy and Rob
Point Clare, Australia

Valerie said...

Ben may have an unremarkable brain but he has remarkable parents! You guys and your faith and strength through all of this have been an awesome example for all of us. I am so thankful that Ben is doing so well. Praise God for His faithfulness and for His love for His children!

Lise said...

Praise God once again and forever! Still praying,
The Mazzalongos

Shawn said...

Whit and Adrienne:

Praise God for all that He has done and continues to do. I also pray that you will continue to cherish every single moment more now that it looks like the fog is beginning to lift. Pray more and Give thanks more! Unremarkable huh? Whit, he sounds like a chip off the ol'block. You should be proud!
As for the food taster, I will have to say that you are on your own there. I will happily eat after you any day of the week.

I love you guys - Shawn and the gang

diana said...

We thank you Lord for your amazing grace and love for Ben and his family.

Diana

Wyatt and Tammy said...

Dear family,

It was of no surprise to us. God hears our prays and with so many people all over the world praying for you all he must have gotten an overload.
Thank you Lord

With love

Wyatt and Tammy

Australia

Dwight said...

Dearest Ones,
Praise be to God in the highest!!! I can hardly write this for the tears of gratitude to our faithful Father. We love you and would love to hold each of you!! We have such sweet memories of you in our home and sharing laughter and prayers. May God grant that we can have sweet reunion soon.
Qur deepest love,
Brenda and Dwight

Anonymous said...

*does a little happy dance*
WOOT WOOT !!!
That is absolutely fantastic!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY ..
does that mean he can come and visit us in NZ ???
love Brooke and Fernando

rici said...

I'm so very happy for this news and we will continue to pray that he grows strong and that his surgery in the future is a complete success! I have people all of the time asking about "my friend Whit's baby," and how he's doing...I can't wait to share this with others! Rici

David M said...

@aapt.net.auFantastic news! The church at Gosford will continue to keep Ben and you both in our prayers. Joy and I wish you every blessing and success on the wonderful adventure that is parenthood.

David & Joy Mowday
Gosford, NSW, Australia

Unknown said...

yay *as i do a lil dance* ok ill stop now :) you know i have been doubting alot lately and reading this made me realise i am stupid to doubt what God can do.... thankyou for that reminder... Ben is gonna not only go to YALE im sure he is gonna be some really high smart man and one day become like president or something really BIG.. :P God is awesome and i love you guys..

Elisha
An aussie in Cocoa Florida

Unknown said...

ok so im gonna post again just cos i can :P but um if and when you can can you post some more piccies :D i cant wait to see him now

Chloe said...

Let the church say AMEN!!!!!! Asked Kay if you all did the happy monkey dance.. Her answer was no, so am doing it for y'all!!!! Praise be to the Father of us all.. prayers and much happiness as always...
chloe
Oldtown , Maine

Aaron and Izumi said...

Praise God! We are go happy to hear the results of the MRI. We are thinking about you guys and continuing to pray for you. Love,
Aaron and Izumi

NandL said...

Praise God!!
But those brain scans don't tell you nuthin'! I mean, look at me. They did a CT on me and sent me home saying everything looked normal!! I say you should get your money back... LOL :D
Laura H... in Japan...

Mushryl said...

hallelujah! That is fantastic!

God is geat! and so are all of you :)